Monday 16 March 2020

LAUAN 603 - Extended Practice Post 11

On Monday Devon, myself and photography friend Fiona photographed the paper theatre. The shoot was successful, director Devon was happy with the images and we got all the angles needed for the film. It was great to see the work under the camera and even better seeing Devon's edited versions.

Most of this week was spent on my own set. I began research with a trip to the Media Museum in Bradford and although exciting to see the work it didn't necessarily offer me any specifics about set building. The trip however did help me come to the rough conclusion that I will be making an American style 1960's diner. Choosing to recreate something real solves my issues concerning lack of characters, narratives, story boards. I began to understand the shapes/patterns involved by making moodboards and drawings.

Finally I made a headway on Petra's paper puppets. The string rigging I was initially counted on ended up being too difficult to disguise, too fiddly and too delicate. So after a tutorial with Dotty, I decided the best option was to 'rig' the characters with blue tac. This way they won't break or move so much when animating.


Photographing The Theatre 

Edited

National Media Museum:

Lottie Reiniger

Andy Pandy

Sketch & Moodbards




Paper Puppets So Far

(Left puppet incomplete)



No comments:

Post a Comment