Monday 2 March 2020

LAUAN 603 - Extended Practice Post 9

This week I finished Devon's set. I'm slightly less pleased with the outcome compared to the exterior set. I encountered more hiccups with colour choices, layout and consistency and I think it shows. This is not to say I'm not proud- I also learned from COP that things really come alive under lights and in front of the camera. The only next step for this project is the shoot.

I also got roped into helping with Petra's film again this week, making first draught paper versions of Rhys' character designs. After Terry Wragg's talk, I was inspired by her paper puppet rigging with thread and so tested this. As a mock up I think it works really well despite being quite delicate. I would use thicker paper and stronger tape in future.

Finally, I began painting Tamara's backgrounds. This involved sourcing, creating and scanning textures. I tested some out approaches which Tamara was happy with. They're quite quick to make so I'm aiming to have them finished by Sunday.

Devon's Theatre


Petra's Paper Puppet


Tamara's Textures and Final Background Aesthetic




No comments:

Post a Comment